Best AI Writing Software in 2022
If you are into sci-fi movies and novels, then you probably have an idea of what an AI is, but it might not be the right one. Unlike the robots in WALL-E or I, Robot, AI technology makes everyone’s job easier, and this includes writers who make use of AI writing software.
For example, during the 2016 Rio Olympics, The Washington Post created an AI writer named Heliograf who helped write more than 850 stories. This was done by processing different data sources and then generating updates about the games for readers.
Mindblowing, isn’t it? But then you might be wondering how exactly can you make use of AI writing software? And what are some of the best AI writers and AI writing assistants out there? That’s what we are going to cover in this article.
What Is an AI Writing Software?
The general idea of AI writing software is that it automates the generating of content by suggesting different phrases. It predicts text based on the information and input you supply it with. It can also help with coming up with new content ideas, arranging the structure, and suggesting the right style and tone of the content.
This is done using natural language processing tools. Also, the majority of today’s writing tools are based on OpenAI’s GPT-3 (Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3), which is one of the biggest neural network, machine-learning models. It is trained on nearly half-trillion words in order to mimic human language and style.
What Is the Difference between AI Writers and AI Writing Assistants?
Although they might look the same and some people might use them interchangeably, there is a difference between AI writers and AI writing assistants. This mainly has to do with the job each of these software tools has to do.
This type of software produces content automatically without needing any human to provide a brief. All you need to do is choose the type of content you need and set some parameters, such as the title, keywords, and tone. The AI writer then matches your input with what is on the internet, then comes up with new, unique content.
Here are some examples of what AI writers can produce:
- Blog posts, outlines, and titles
- Landing pages
- Press releases
- Product reviews
- Social media updates
- Brand names
- Video titles and descriptions
AI Writing Assistants
Unlike AI Writers, this type of software requires huge human input. Instead of producing the content on their own, AI writing assistants help humans throughout the writing process. For example, they can help expand certain sentences, improve the writing style, or select more precise terms and phrases.
Think of the onboard linguistic checker in Microsoft Word or Google Documents. This is considered one of the basic AI writing assistants that detect any mistakes, whether it’s in grammar, spelling, punctuation, or structure.
What Are the Benefits of Using AI Writing Software?
If you are still not convinced that you can enhance your writing with AI, then you need to look at some of the benefits of using these tools, and how they can affect both you and your business.
1. New Ideas
More often than not, writers struggle to come up with unique ideas that meet their business goals yet are different from what already exists. AI writing tools can help provide relevant ideas, which allows writers the time to focus on developing their skills.
It takes a lot of time and effort to research a topic then produce a unique, high-quality piece of content that adds value to the reader and meets the business goals. With the help of AI writing apps, writers can get the job done in a matter of minutes.
Hiring writers who know the tricks of the trade and can deliver the results you have in mind can be both challenging and costly. And while most AI writing programs aren’t free, they are still much cheaper than hiring content writers, and they can produce an unlimited number of articles per month.
If you are serving an international audience, then you know the struggle of finding good translators who deliver the same message as the one in the original content. AI writing tools can do that for you, and the best part is that the quality of the translated content will be as good as the original.
Some AI writing programs come with SEO tools that help optimize your content to rank on Google. And since Google doesn’t have a problem with content written by AI tools, this will drive more traffic to your website.
What Are the Drawbacks of Using AI Writing Tools?
Everything has a less attractive flipside, and that’s true to AI writing tools. So let’s take a look at some of their downsides so you can get the full picture before deciding whether to use them or not.
1. Not the Most Factually Accurate
Since AI writing tools work by combining data from various online sources, some information included in the content might not be the most accurate. According to IGI Global, AI is usually more than 80% accurate, which leaves room for error. That’s why it is important for editors to double-check the content produced by AI tools.
2. Missing the Human Touch
Humans add their uniqueness to whatever they work on, and that’s what AI writing software is missing, especially when it comes to creativity and recognizing emotions. Having SEO-optimized content that is well-researched isn’t the only thing that makes great content; it’s also important to connect with the readers on a human level.
3. Not Recognizing Brand Identity
Each brand has its own strategy and voice, and it’s still hard for AI writing tools to mimic such abstract concepts. It is also difficult for these tools to produce content that is targeted at a certain audience.
What Are the Best AI Writing Tools?
There are all kinds of AI software for writing out there, but choosing the right one for you depends mainly on the job you want to get done, followed by how much you are willing to spend. So to help you make up your mind, here are some of the best AI content writers and writing assistants.
1. Article Forge
Known also as an AI blog writing tool or an essay writing AI, Article Forge uses advanced AI and deep learning to produce high-quality, SEO-optimized articles in about a minute! And to make sure the articles Article Forge produces are completely unique, they have to pass Copyscape with zero plagiarized or duplicated content.
- Usages: Article and essay writing.
- How it works: All you have to do is enter the keyword you want to rank for and wait 60 seconds while Article Forge scans and analyzes millions of web pages on this topic then it comes up with a unique piece.
- Pricing: Starts from $25/month for 250K words, and it goes up to $57/month for an unlimited number of words.
2. Jasper AI
This is probably the most famous AI copywriting tool that can come up with various marketing content. Used by many major companies, such as IBM and Airbnb, Jasper (previously known as Jarvis) takes the info you supply it with to give you many content options for you to adjust and choose from. Besides that, it can also be used as an AI scriptwriter to create scripts for videos and ads.
- Usages: It comes up with product descriptions, emails, video captions, social media ads, blog content, and video scripts. It can also be used to improve existing content so it can help you to optimize and refresh your old articles.
- How it works: After choosing a plan (either Starter or Pro), select the AI writing service you need (Facebook ad, email, etc.), and enter some information about your product (a short description, the tone of voice, etc.), then Jasper will produce the content in a matter of seconds.
- Price: Starts from $29/month for the Starter package, and $59/month for the Pro package.
Another great AI content generator is CopyMatic, which not only produces blog content ideas, but can also come up with blog intros, social media posts, and many other types of content. This comes with 24/7 email support, a WordPress plugin, and API access. Moreover, it can produce content in more than 25 languages.
- Usages: It writes blog content, social media posts and ads, website copy, and other marketing content.
- How it works: First you have to choose the AI writing service you need from CopyMetic, then fill in the required details (such as the article title, product name, or post length), and wait a few seconds while your content is being created.
- Price: Starts from $19/month for the starter package, and goes up to $49/month for the pro package.
Wirtesonic isn’t only an AI article writing tool, it can also produce various types of content, starting from simple captions and product descriptions to social media ads and marketing copies. So if you are looking for a free AI writing assistant, you can use the free trial Writesonic offers and see if it works for you.
- Usages: It generates marketing copies, blog articles, and product descriptions.
- How it works: Choose the service you need (e.g. Facebook ads, landing pages, text summary, etc.), then enter some information about the topic you want and the language of the content, then your content will be generated immediately.
- Price: After finishing the free trial which includes all the basic features, the prices start from $15/month for the Basic package, and go up to $95/month for the Startup package.
This is an excellent tool for anyone looking for an AI story writer. Even though Ryter was launched in April 2021, its user base has been growing steadily ever since. This is due to its advanced use of the GPT-3 technology and its multiple usages.
- Usages: This story writer AI can generate story plots, blog ideas and outlines, emails, social media ads, and much more.
- How it works: First you have to choose a use case and add some input for the context, then Rytr will start generating content right away.
- Pricing: Saver plan starts from $9/month and the Unlimited plan starts from $29/month. And if you want free AI writing software, there is a Free plan that gives you access to many features.
6. AI Writer
Instead of doing the research to come up with an SEO-optimized article, AI Writer allows you to save time and effort by doing the job for you. It also helps with content optimization and provides a list of citations so you can manually verify the accuracy of the content.
- Usages: AI Writer researches and writes full-length articles, optimizes and paraphrases old content, provides SEO content optimization, and publishes directly to WordPress.
- How it works: This tool can help you come up with an article draft in just 2 minutes only by providing the headline.
- Pricing: The packages start from $29/month, and go up to $375/month.
7. Shortly AI
If you are having trouble writing or facing a terrible writer’s block, then Shortly AI might just be the writing partner you need. This AI writing assistant helps you expand your thoughts, develop new ideas, and paraphrase your old content.
- Usages: It helps expand sentences, optimize content for SEO, and come up with new ideas and questions.
- How it works: Whether you need help with your non-fiction or fiction article, all you need to do is provide a title, a small brief (up to 500 words), then hit the “Write for Me” button and watch Shortly do its magic.
- Pricing: When paid annually, Shortly AI costs $65/month (with 2 free months), while the monthly plan costs $75/month.
AI writing tools are revolutionizing the content creation industry. Whether it is an article, a social media ad, or a novel, the tools mentioned in this article can surely get the job done for you. And you can make use of the free version offered by some of them to see how useful they are.
This, however, does not mean that it is the end of human writers. According to the World Economic Forum, by the year 2025, AI might take over 85 million jobs, but it will also help create about 97 million new ones! So instead of resisting the advancement of technology, enjoy the ride and find new ways to make the best of these amazing tools.
Best 14 Websites for Aspiring Writers
The Comprehensive Guide to NFT Books
MahmodJanuary 3, 2023
Please write about some good,professional free tools also.
KotobeeApril 5, 2023
Thank you for your comment and suggestion.
While some AI writing tools do offer free trials or limited free versions, unfortunately, most professional AI writing software comes with a price tag. However, some options you might want to consider for free writing tools include Grammarly, Hemingway Editor, and the free version of ProWritingAid. These tools can help improve your writing and offer some level of automation, but they do not use advanced AI technology like some of the paid software options.